In June 2011 I turned 50. Since I am getting older, I feel that I should slow down and enjoy my bike rides more. So I will being doing more solo riding and touring that will give me the time to just ride and enjoy.

The purpose of this blog is to share my ride 'events', insights and experiences with others.

Enjoy my blog and hopefully you will get something out of it that will benefit your own riding.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2012 winding down

Well just an update to keep the blog alive.

I only did six out of the seven days on the Oregon Coast ride this year.  Just 50+ miles from finishing.  I had crashed in July during the STP (Seattle To Portland bike ride), bruised my ribs and ended up with pleurisy.  I was getting sick and the pleurisy was acting up, decided to abandon for health reasons.  Hope to edit and post those last two days soon.

Since then I had not done much riding, occasional weekend rides along with the commute to work.  Not as many miles as previous years, and my weight is showing it.

On November 8th on my way to work I crashed when I hit a car sensor cable that was laying in the bike lane.  Road rash on my right elbow and knee, bruised my right leg from the thigh to the bottom of my foot and broke my left wrist.

 Had surgery on the 11th, they added a little something. And yes it is permanent.

Between the break and the injury to the right knee, I had not been able even ride my trainer until just a few days ago.

I also was not able to type very well until just recently.

Still have not assessed the damage to my bike yet.  I do know I broke the handlebar mirror as well as twisted left controller with nice scrapes.

I hope to use some of this down time to add more information to my blog: What I travel with and why, reviews on equipment, websites and services that are related to cycling.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Brent -- I know from Loseit you are back to cycling -- welcome back

    ReplyDelete