In June 2011 I turned 50. Since I am getting older, I feel that I should slow down and enjoy my bike rides more. So I will being doing more solo riding and touring that will give me the time to just ride and enjoy.

The purpose of this blog is to share my ride 'events', insights and experiences with others.

Enjoy my blog and hopefully you will get something out of it that will benefit your own riding.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oregon Coast Bike Ride 2012 - Day 4

The motel last night did me good. Felt a lot better this morning. Grabbed a muffin and coffe frim the motel lobby, packed up and headed out. Leaving Newport I had to cross the Yaquina Bay bridge. They had construction on the bridge so had to walk the bike on the east side of the bridge.

The ride to Yachats was pretty good, a few climbs and a slight tail wind. My heart monitor started acting strange, said my hpm was 185 while pedaling easy on the flats. Stopped at the Drift In Family restaurant for lunch but I was a little early and had a second breakfast instead. Denver omelette, potatoes and toast with a nice big glass of milk.

Heading out from Yachats, I had a very nice tail wind. The first climb was Cape Perpetua. Don't know if it was the good sleep, the tail wind or I was just getting into the groove, but the climbing did not seem as hard as previous days.

The next two climbs were at Heceta Head. Again the climbs did not seem as hard. I did stop several times to both catch my breath and enjoy the views. This is a really scenic area of the coast.

Nice down hill and a few rollers and I was in Florence. Stopped at Fred Meyers for batteries, for the heart rate monitor. Then had time to do some laundry, and pick up a spare derailer cable for the bike shop.

Stopped and had dinner at the Bridgewatch Restaurant and Zebra Bar. Ordered the Smoked Salmon with Pesto Linguini. It was superb! Also had and IPA, which I was regretting as I rode the last few miles to the camp ground.

Arrived at the hiker/biker camp in Honeyman SP. Trevor and Shahana were there, had met them at Cape Lookout. Had just finishes setting up when Carolyn and Deanna arrived. I may be traveling alone but it is nice to see familiar faces and have someone to talk to.

Showered, called mom and Nancy, then off to bed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment