In June 2011 I turned 50. Since I am getting older, I feel that I should slow down and enjoy my bike rides more. So I will being doing more solo riding and touring that will give me the time to just ride and enjoy.

The purpose of this blog is to share my ride 'events', insights and experiences with others.

Enjoy my blog and hopefully you will get something out of it that will benefit your own riding.

Friday, April 12, 2013

ProForm Le Tour De France Spin bike - April 12th update

From my last post you will see that the repair only lasted 40 minutes of riding.

3/28/13 - Rode trainer for approx. 40 minutes before incline motor failed. Notified UTS
Received email notice that parts were ordered.
  • 4/3/13 Parts arrived
  • 4/4/13 Notified LAPD Engineering Inc. that the parts had arrived
  • 4/11/13  LAPD Eng technician showed up for the repair
    • UTS had sent a new handlebar with wiring harness, harness to connect handlebar to control unit in body of the bike.  (They forgot to include the heart rate monitor cable that connects the console to the wireless sensor.)
    • Technician installed all the harnesses, no change, incline still did not work.  He checked out the incline motor.  When he tapped the relay, the incline started working.
    • Technician said he would order a new lift motor as the current one would likely fail again.
So far these are the parts and number of times they have been replaced. (Note that I have not counted the lift motor that is currently on order)

Lift motor                               4
HAL Effect wire                    3
Console                                  3
Power Board                          4
Wire Harness 40"                   2
Wire Harness 15"                   1
Hex Nut                                  1
Loctite                                    1
Teflon lube                             1
Handlebars w/harness            1
Bushing                                  1
Axle                                       1

One of these days they may decided that this unit I have is actually a lemon and just replace it.

1 comment:

  1. it would be more fun to read about your Banks-Elsie 200k...

    ReplyDelete