In June 2011 I turned 50. Since I am getting older, I feel that I should slow down and enjoy my bike rides more. So I will being doing more solo riding and touring that will give me the time to just ride and enjoy.

The purpose of this blog is to share my ride 'events', insights and experiences with others.

Enjoy my blog and hopefully you will get something out of it that will benefit your own riding.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Oregon Coast Bike Ride 2012 - Day 2

Woke around 6:30 this morning, made coffee and had Mountain House Breakfast Skillet Wrap. Got everything packed up and on the road shortly before 9:00.

Legs are a little sore from yesterday, climbing still feels difficult. Cable for my rear derailer broke just after Wheeler.  Had to ride two miles to Rockaway Beach in the small cog on the cassette to get cutters so I could install the new cable.

Stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory for lunch, but the wait was too long, had a root beer float ice cream cone instead. Tried to find a bike shop in Tillamook but they were all closed. Had a chicken wrap for lunch.

Leaving Tillamook took the Three Capes loop. Had a head wind for about six miles, then the climb up to Cape Mears. Down to Oceanside and a few minor hills. Stopped at The Schooner for dinner, had a wonderful Smoked Seafood Pasta. Then the last seven miles to the campground.

Setup camp, called Nancy, took a shower an now time to turn in before I fall asleep at the picnic table.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment